12 Current Essentials – Maybelline Express Care Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
Well, there is not much I ask for from a bi-phase makeup remover. I just need it to be
- removes waterproof makeup
- does not irritate/sting my skin
This product does all of the above.
I shake it to mix the two immiscible layers lightly to form an emulsion. Then I put 2 dots of the emulsion, each the size of a penny, onto a cotton pad. I press the cotton pad against my waterproof eye makeup for 10 seconds before wiping off with the same cotton pad.
It removes waterproof mascara effortlessly without leaving disgusting grease all over my eyes. There is no need to rub the cotton pad against my eyelid. The waterproof mascara comes off within 5 gentle wipes. And it’s Kiss Me Waterproof Mascara I’m talking about. Wow.
It is a drugstore makeup remover for waterproof makeup that works just as well, if not better, than its more expensive counterparts. It is so far the cheapest bi-phase makeup remover I have used. We Asian girls have long raved about the inexpensive smudge-proof Kiss Me Mascara and here we have its matching makeup remover.
I have experienced neither irritation nor stinging for as long as I have used it. As you can see from the amount left in the bottle, prolonged testing on this product has been done.
Here is how it compares with other similar products in the market :
- L’Oreal Gentle Lip & Eye Makeup remover works slightly faster, but a little more expensive
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup remover for Lids, Lashes and Lip works slightly faster, but is more than double the price
- Shiseido Instant Eye Lip Makeup remover works faster, but is more than double the price, similar to the Clinique
- Lancome Bi-facil Eye Makeup remover works similar to the Shiseido, but more expensive
- Bourjois Express Eye Makeup remover irritates lids slightly. Requires gentle rubbing with a cotton bud against lashes to completely remove Kiss Me Waterproof mascara, double the price, but comes in double the volume.
The distribution network of Maybelline is so vast. It’s difficult to miss.
It retails for HKD 58 if I remember correctly. I got a further discount as a member of the Maybelline Club. 😀